At yesterday’s meeting of Full Council the Liberal Democrat administration unveiled its new team of portfolio holders for the coming year. Caroline Kerr will remain as leader, with Tim Cobbett taking over as deputy from Malcolm Self, who stood down from the position.
The team remains similar, with 6 of the 8 portfolio holders remaining the same, and 5 of the 9 leadership positions still held by women.
Cllr Caroline Kerr, Leader of Kingston Council, said: “I am excited to welcome the new team who will be leading the council as we move beyond the current crisis, and I thank both Alison Holt and Kim Bailey for their hard work in their previous positions.
“We have had a successful first two years, for example achieving a ‘Yes’ vote in the ballot to regenerate the Cambridge Road Estate and putting in place a network of cycle lanes to encourage healthy and environmentally-friendly travel . I look forward to getting to work with this excellent new set of portfolio holders.”
New Portfolio Team:
- Adult Social Care - Fiona Boult
- Children’s Services including Education - Diane White
- Finance & Commissioning - Andreas Kirsch
- Communities & Engagement - Tim Cobbett
- Environment & Sustainable Transport - Hilary Gander
- Business & Leisure - John Sweeney
- Housing & Public Health - Emily Davey
- Planning Policy & Culture - Rebekah Moll