A festive fund raiser!
The Christmas Hampers will be filled with home-made goodies, a few donated luxuries and also various crafted items made during lockdown by very bored Lib Dems.
All proceeds to Kingston Lib Dems, and St James and Old Malden wards.
A big Thank you to all those who have donated stuff.
- As an Amuse Bouche how about a handful of home roasted peppered Cashew nuts? - the recipe was taught to me by my cook in India.
- Then we have some smoked Salmon and smoked Duck from the Chesil Smokery with my usual pickled cucumber and roasted balsamic mushrooms.
- As a centre piece a 2 kilo Honey, Dijon Mustard and Clove roasted Ham from a free range farm in Sussex (though I’ll be cooking the ham!)
- Not much growing in the garden, but I did make some tomato chilli chutney, dried herbs and a festive string of home grown chillies.
- For those with a sweet tooth - vegetarian mincemeat, a homemade gluten free Christmas cake and a wicked Yule log with cream and covered in chocolate and then some chocolate truffles if you have room.
- Christmas Decorations are a must and there are both edible and non-edible in the hamper – can you guess which are which? Cookies, bunny, hat, cactus, flowers, strawberries, caviar, eggs and more!
- Champagne, port, whisky, sherry and elderflower cordial will keep you well lubricated .
At a rough estimate the contents are worth over £150.
Vegetarian and gluten free options are also available.
Second and third prizes
There is a second prize hamper with fizz, smoked salmon, decorations and Belgian choccies, and a third small hamper with wine, chocolate and various decorations.
The raffle closed at midnight 14th December.
Prizes will be drawn on the 15th December by a neighbour with a video to show fair play.