Old Malden ward candidate
Elizabeth Park currently works for the NHS as a nurse, and has a background in mental health provision.
Elizabeth is inspired to stand up for local residents, improve safety in the area, and continue to tackle fly-tipping hot-spots to keep our area clean and green.
Elizabeth's key ward campaign issues:
- Malden Manor station: increasing accessibility to all and utilising community hub inside the station more.
- Road safety: Black spot -T junction to Malden Drive Road to South Lane - South Lane – reduce speed, more signage on ground, speed cameras.
- More bins: prevent fly tipping at Hogsmill area and Old Malden.
- Elizabeth was actively involved in the student movement in South Korea during dictatorship in 1980s.
- Working with Mind in Kingston (The Magpie Project, Floating Support -residential and Outreach) to support people who suffer from mental health issues. She is also involved in the project of Advancing Mental Health Equality (AMHE).
- Elizabeth lives in Old Malden, so whatever challenges or concerns that residents may have, they will be shared with her. Therefore, she can be their voices and ears, she will work towards resolving these issues.
- She would like to work on increasing the safety of living in Old Malden as well as maintaining clean and green living environment e.g. at Hogsmill reservoir. Her aim is to create a more open neighbourhood that can support each other.