Kingston Liberal Democrats have announced their leadership team – these are the people who’ll be responsible for specific areas of the council.
- Liz Green (pictured right) – Leader of the Council
- Malcolm Self - Deputy Leader of the Council and Portfolio Holder for Planning Policy
- Margaret Thompson – Adult Social Care Portfolio Holder
- Diane White – Children’s Services Portfolio Holder
- Emily Davey – Housing, includes Cambridge Rd Estate Regeneration
- Hilary Gander – Environment and Sustainable Transport Portfolio Holder
- Alison Holt – Finance Portfolio Holder
- Dave Ryder-Mills – Contract Monitoring and Corporate Services Portfolio Holder
- Jon Tolley – Resident Engagement Portfolio Holder
They can also announce that Thay Thayalan will be Mayor for 2018-2019 and will officially take his place at Annual Council on May 22 when the council roles are made official.
Although many changes are long-term and will evolve over the coming months, Kingston Lib Dems also announced a number of changes.
- The room previously used as The Cabinet Room by the previous administration will now be opened up for free for community uses, at no cost to taxpayers.
- Bringing back The Scrutiny Panel. Liberal Democrats believe it is important to be open and transparent, and everyone should have the ability to question and scrutinise decisions. This will be lead by an opposition councillor and we look forward to constructive input from members across the council chamber.
Kingston Lib Dems aim to announce more policies over the coming weeks.